AWARE encourages you to visit the following web sites for additional information, tools and resources about auto financing.*
Member Company Resources
- MoneySKILL® Modules on Auto Financing - These seven modules, produced by the AFSA Education Foundation, cover auto financing, leasing and budget. The modules are from MoneySKILL, the Foundation's online personal finance course being used by thousands of high school and college students. Use of the modules is free but registration is required.
- Understanding Vehicle Financing (PDF - 328 KB) - This brochure, produced by the American Financial Services Association Education Foundation and the National Automobile Dealers Association, and prepared in cooperation with the Federal Trade Commission, provides information to help consumers learn about dealership financing and evaluate their own financial situations before financing a new or used auto. It also addresses auto leasing.
- An Insider’s Guide to Car Financing: How to Make a Smart Vehicle Purchase (PDF - 1.30 MB) – A financing guide produced by the National Automobile Dealers Association.
- Prepare to Finance – National Automobile Dealers Association site that helps consumers learn the basics of auto financing and find out how much they can afford to spend on a car or truck.
- Hands on Banking®/El Futuro in tus Manos® – A bilingual financial literacy program sponsored by Wells Fargo & Co, with learning levels for kids, teenagers and adults. Includes a teacher’s guide for classroom instruction.
- The Smart Car Buyer's Guide (PDF - 394 KB) – This guide, produced by the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA), helps consumers navigate the car buying process at a dealership. The guide provides in-depth information on a variety of topics, from servicing your new vehicle to auto insurance to auto financing options. In the financing section, consumers can learn about the difference between dealership financing versus direct lending and leasing versus buying.
Should you need to file a complaint with the FTC, you can do so by contacting the Consumer Response Center at (877) 382-4357.
Other Consumer Resources
Other Auto Financing Calculators
* AWARE does not necessarily endorse all the views expressed on these websites or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information therein. Please note that these sites may track visitor viewing habits.